2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class named SUV of the Year
Posted By: Park Place Motorcars, Mercedes-Benz Dealer - 2012-11-21
Against a field of 11 competitors for the coveted 2013 Motor Trend Sport/Utility of the Year® award, one clear winner stood above the rest, the 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class. In Motor Trend’s annual weeklong SUV battle royale, Sport/Utility offerings from various manufacturers are put through a battery of tests, outlining six criteria that provide objective insight into scoring the best of the best.
The six key criteria comprising the competition are Design Advancement, Engineering Excellence, Performance of Intended Function, Efficiency, Safety, and Value, all playing important roles in selection of the vehicle worthy of the distinction. Scoring highest overall, the 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class, regardless of package or engine option, proved to do “more of what we expect an SUV to do” according to Motor Trend’s Frank Markus.
To read more about Park Place Motorcars SUV of the Year click here.
- Recent News & Events
- May 13 — 11th Annual Park Place Dealerships – Texas Rangers Triple Play
- Apr 18 — Arriving with elegance is the 2013 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
- Mar 29 — Discover off Roading in the 2013 Mercedes-Benz G Class
- Mar 5 — The Mercedes-Benz 2014 Model Line-up - What's New
- Feb 5 — The Luxurious Mercedes-Benz S-Class arrives in Dallas, Texas
- Jan 31 — Mercedes-Benz Super Bowl Commercial - Who Will Steal The Show?